Michigan Department of Treasury Announces Enhancements to Online Filing Services
Released January 2016, a major MTO change is the elimination of Michigan Business One Stop (MBOS). This change will provide several benefits to taxpayers. MTO enhancements will be applied over a period of time.
The first set of changes includes:
- Reduction in the number of steps to create a profile and establish a business relationship.
- Single sign-on: taxpayers will use one username and password to enter the MTO site, file a return, and make a payment.
- Self-service: taxpayers will have the ability reset their own username and password.
- Self-delegation: taxpayers have the ability to select which functions they would like to perform on behalf of the business.
- Fast File Now: a new feature for sales, use, and withholding filers which allows for immediate access to file and pay tax returns without creating a business relationship.
Businesses that have access to MTO can retrieve and print their sales tax licenses simply by accessing their online account. Be aware that the Department of Treasury will only provide one license for each registered account. Businesses that have multiple locations that are registered under one account number will need to either print additional copies from there MTO account or copy the license provided.
Vertex Inc. is dedicated to small and medium-sized businesses. Vertex Inc. provides a cloud-based sales and use tax solution for calculation and remittance operating in two or more states.
Explore Our Solutions
Discover how our technology solutions and software can help you streamline tax, stay compliant, and grow your business.Browse All Solutions