According to a CPA Practice Advisior article, there are five ways to keep your accounting staff up-to-date:
- Provide periodic in-house training - "Schedule monthly or quarterly training sessions, and get the dates on everyone’s calendar. These regular workshops will give your team an automatic, consistent update on key technology issues."
- Encourage intergenerational mentoring - Reverse mentoring gives the middle and upper-level management to learn from first and second-year professionals.
- Promote industry courses and events - "Create a climate where employees can attend conferences and workshops that will enhance their technology skills. When you create next year’s budget, consider bumping up the allotment for travel and training programs."
- Work with a consultant - "Consultants can help full-time staff with new technology, such as upgraded audit tools or tax software."
- Offer tuition reimbursement - "Accountants at all levels often want to continue their education and advance their career. Consider helping your staff with the cost of outside courses or attaining a certification."
With Vertex Cloud, there is no need to access separate applications for tax calculations and returns. Our innovative interface guides you through a configuration process that allows you to personalize the taxability to make it as simple or complex as you need. With calculations and returns in sync, signature-ready PDF returns are automatically generated for you for each relevant time period.