Why IT Needs to Collaborate with Their Tax Team
With the migration from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA thousands of companies will need to work on their ERP design plans. But, were you aware that your new ERP system does not come with an out of the box fully automated, end-to-end VAT process which is essential for your tax department? The move to SAP S/4HANA brings an opportunity for IT and the tax department to work together as this is a good momentum for the tax department to optimise the company’s VAT determination technology, whilst IT can accomplish standardisation and eliminate numerous tax customisations across their ERP instances. You may be worried about increasing risk or delaying the implementation but by adding a tax engine for your tax department, it can provide you with an accelerator for your implementation that removes these risks.
Join our webinar to learn why you should consider a tax engine and why the vast majority of companies have made this decision. You will hear about:
- How to eliminate manual research of rates, rules, and ERP upgrades to increase accuracy and streamline VAT processes
- How you can centralise VAT management across multiple ERPs and multiple applications to achieve consistent tax determination and reduce TCO
- How you can use a tax engine to future proof your ERP environment
- Understand how SAP S/4HANA is changing the technical landscape, and why it is a good opportunity to change your VAT determination technology whilst implementing or migrating
- Understand why you need automation incorporated in your VAT processes versus native SAP and why VAT add-ins are approaching their expiration date
Business Development Director
Roger has over 30 years’ experience working as an SAP VAT architect and senior consultant to large multinational companies such as, Philips NV, Essent Trading International, Shell NV, Meridian Global VAT services etc. Roger has acquired strong experience in international VAT, SAP, understanding business requirements and working with VAT automation solutions to translate highly complex business requirements into sustainable, future proof tax technology solutions. At Vertex Roger leads the SAP practice to ensure best in class solutions and implementation for all our clients that we work with.
Peter Boerhof is the VAT Director for Vertex. In his role he provides insight and thought leadership regarding the impact of tax regulations, policy, enforcement and emerging technology trends in global tax. Peter has extensive experience in international transactions, business restructuring, tax process optimization and tax automation. Prior to joining Vertex, Peter was responsible for leading the indirect tax function at AkzoNobel. He holds an MBA from Rotterdam School of Management and a masters in tax law from the University of Groningen.
Not a member of UKISUG? Become a UKISUG member.