Beer taxes in the United States vary depending on where you purchase the beer.
You may have noticed we posted the top 10 states with the lowest beer taxes, but there are two sides to every story. Are you curious to find out if you live in one of the 10 states with the highest beer taxes?
According to a recent article, here is the top 10 list of U.S. states with the highest beer taxes based off on off-premise sales on 4.7% by volume beer in 12-ounce containers. Local excise taxes are excluded.
10. Kentucky - $0.08 per gallon
9. Maryland - $0.09 per gallon
8. Florida - $0.48 per gallon
(Washington D.C. - $0.58 per gallon)
7. North Carolina - $0.62 per gallon
6. South Carolina - $0.77 per gallon
5. Hawaii - $0.93 per gallon
4. Georgia - $1.01 per gallon
3. Alabama - 1.05 per gallon
2. Alaska - $1.07 per gallon
1. Tennessee - $1.29 per gallon
Having a hard time washing down this information? Breathe easy with Vertex Inc.
Vertex Inc. offers a cloud-based sales and use tax automation solution that is designed to save time, effort, and risk associated with calculation, return, remittance, and compliance for small to medium-sized businesses.