Texas Holds Sales Tax Holiday for Energy Star and Water-Efficient Products 2020
Upcoming Texas Sales Tax Holiday
Texas is set to hold its annual sales tax holiday, effective May 23-25, 2020, for Energy Star and water-efficient products. During this time, consumers can purchase qualifying Energy Star and water-efficient products tax-free. There is no limit on the number of qualifying items you can purchase, and you do not need to issue an exemption certificate to claim the exemption.
Qualifying Products Exempt from Tax
It is important to note that only the following Energy Star and water-efficient products qualify for exemption:
- Air conditioners priced at $6,000 or less
- Refrigerators priced at $2,000 or less
- Ceiling fans
- Incandescent or fluorescent light bulbs
- Clothes washers and dishwashers
- Any water-conserving product or a WaterSense product.
Sales & Use Tax Resources
Our industry influencers weigh in on the latest trends and regulations related to sales and use tax.Learn More