Those shopping in Maryland will get a break from the state's 6% sales tax on qualifying Energy Star products this weekend.
During Shop Maryland Energy weekend, the following Energy Star products are tax-free:
- Air Conditioners
- Clothes Washers and Dryers
- Heat Pumps
- Solar Water Heaters (now tax-exempt at all times)
- Standard-Size Refrigerators
- Programmable Thermostats
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Light-Emitting Diode (LED) Light Bulbs
For retailers and small businesses, sales tax holidays can place a potential burden if not remitted correctly to the state's Department of Revenue. Let Vertex Cloud do the heavy lifting for you.
Click here for a full list of 2016 sales tax holiday across the United States.