Consumer Use Tax
- Centralize consumer use tax decision making
- Simplify calculation and payment of consumer use tax
- Enhance consumer use tax compliance and audit readiness
- Leverage existing IT investments for rapid implementation and ROI
As states struggle with declining revenue, they're taking a closer look at consumer use tax—and creating a new set of challenges for tax departments and managers. You may find that your vendors are charging inaccurate use tax or none at all. At the same time, untrained personnel within your own organization may be making taxability decisions. The result can be significant headaches when it's time to file consumer use tax or when you face a state audit. This Vertex software, which can be integrated with Vertex Enterprise, automates and simplifies consumer use tax complexity. It also centralizes the process—so that the tax department has responsibility for all decisions related to consumer use tax.
Vertex offers a variety of deployment options—including an on-demand hosted model that accelerates implementation and reduces hardware, database, and other support requirements.
See how this leading transaction tax solution helps you achieve optimal tax performance by increasing transparency, reducing tax-related risk and streamlining your audit process-letting you focus on more important, more strategic business operations. Watch the video below to learn more.
See how this leading transaction tax solution helps you achieve optimal tax performance by increasing transparency, reducing tax-related risk and streamlining your audit process-letting you focus on more strategic business operations.
- Continually updated consumer use tax rates and rules for more than 10,000 county, city, and district US jurisdictions
- Taxability drivers for identifying exempt and non-taxable purchases
- Open, flexible infrastructure that uses web services to harmonize with multiple platforms, databases, and ERP systems
- Role-based security
- Increase efficiency. Using Vertex consumer use tax software, you can automate the full lifecycle of consumer use tax—from procurement through payment to suppliers.
- Reduce costs. By centralizing and automating consumer use tax management, your organization substantially reduces audit assessments and penalties. You also avoid overpayments by automatically identifying exempt and non-taxable purchases.
- Enhance audit defense. An automated approach to consumer use tax provides a taxability "blueprint." Before initiating detailed fieldwork, auditors can use this blueprint to evaluate the accuracy of your supporting methodology. That, in turn, may result in reduced audit scope.
- Drive productivity. A systematic approach to consumer use tax calculation and management improves morale and performance among over-burdened accounting and tax professionals. With consumer use tax activities off their plates, your tax experts can focus on more productive and value-added activities.