- All Vertex employees strive to demonstrate our Core Foundation Competencies
- Current and aspiring company leaders also work to build specific Leadership Competencies
- Our Competencies were developed in collaboration with Vertex employees
What follows are the Core Foundation Competencies for all employees at Vertex and Leadership Competencies for current and aspiring Vertex leaders.
- Builds Relationships: Fosters open dialogue and obtains shared commitment to proposals; shares ideas and information to promote mutual understanding, respect, and effective decision-making.
- Drives for Results: Acts to create opportunities for Vertex or to avoid future problems; has the courage to act with incomplete information rather than simply thinking about it; maintains a focused commitment to achieving enterprise objectives.
- Knows the Business: Understands and applies knowledge of Vertex’s business and processes to accomplish goals.
- Anticipates Customer Needs (Internal and External): Establishes and maintains productive relationships with customers and partners, anticipating their needs.
- Learns Continuously: Expands own knowledge base to enhance performance; seeks development to increase strengths for current and future needs.
- Fosters Innovation: Provides an environment that supports alternative approaches and leads to new processes, products, and services.
- Promotes Customer Intimacy: Creates an enterprise in which customers are proud to do business with Vertex; collaborates with customers and partners to develop strategies to meet mutual objectives.
- Aligns and Engages: Aligns people, processes, information systems, and structure with the strategic direction; ensures that expectations are clear, priorities established, focus maintained, and tough decisions addressed; works to gain commitment and buy-in.
- Develops Talent: Works with others in a helpful way to increase their competence and confidence; eliminates barriers and provides needed resources and support for personal and professional growth.