We at Vertex are proud, and humbled, to report on some favorable software ratings we recently earned. We’re proud because two of our offerings (Vertex Cloud and Vertex O Series) are ranked as two of the top three corporate tax solutions and also placed in G2 Crowd’s “Leader quadrant.” We’re humbled because these rankings are directly based on input collected from end users.
G2 Crowd, a B2B software rating firm, harnesses a proprietary algorithm “crowd-sourced wisdom” (i.e., unfiltered reviews from users) to identify what it describes as “true leaders” in numerous software categories. Although G2 Crowd’s aggregated ratings fluctuate in real time as additional software users rate their own experiences, Vertex Cloud and Vertex O Series have resided in two of the top three highest-rated slots in the Corporate Tax Software category for some time. To qualify for inclusion in this category, the software solution must:
- Calculate taxes for large-scale financial accounts,
- Offer capabilities for filing tax reports, and
- Provide latest rules and tax rate information among other functions.
To earn a spot in G2 Crowd’s Leader quadrant, the software must have substantial “Market Presence” scores (which are based on market share, vendor size and social impact) while earning top customer satisfaction scores. Customer satisfaction is analyzed across a number of dimensions, including ease of setup, ease of use, administration, ease of doing business with, software requirements and quality of support.
We appreciate all of our users who took time to share their candid comments (which G2 Crowd also publishes) about using these Vertex solutions. We look at all the reviews and use them to gleam valuable insights to continue to enhance our customer experience. Some of these user insights include the following:
- “The best part is the time savings. Once this is set up you don't have to do a thing to remain compliant.” (Vertex Cloud)
- “I love the automated processing. I know that our transactions are flowing right through Vertex so the right sales tax is being charged. The comfort of knowing that our monthly sales tax filings for various states are all correct and processed on time. Moving forward with Vertex has provided a comfort and security as well as freeing up so much of my time.” (Vertex Cloud)
- “Filing with Vertex also ensures that no state is overlooked and all payments meet the deadline without incurring any penalties or interest.” (O Series)
- “I love the support team that I've worked with over the years. They are experts in their field of technology.” (O Series)
One of my favorite reviews of Vertex was also the most efficient. Asked to enter recommendations for tax professionals considering our product, one Vertex user responded, “Do it.” We hope, and work very hard to ensure that tax software buyers will heed that advice – after conducting comprehensive due diligence. And we appreciate the value that G2 Crowd lends the software selection process.
Please remember that the Tax Matters provides information for educational purposes, not specific tax or legal advice. Always consult a qualified tax or legal advisor before taking any action based on this information.