Vertex is proud to be an Inclusive Exhibitor at SAP Financials Prague 2018 in Booth #225 which will be taking place on October 16-18th, 2018 at the Prague Congress Centre in Prague, Czech Republic.
SAP Financials 2018 is the premier conference for organizations looking to spur financial transformation, implement and optimize SAP S/4HANA Finance, and drive accounting, controlling, planning, reporting, and compliance excellence.
Learn more about SAP Financials Prague 2018 and our Silver Partnership with SAP.
Don’t miss our 4 speaking sessions at the show!
Considerations and Opportunities: Realizing Value from Automating Global Indirect Tax
On Wednesday, October 17th from 9:00am-10:00am, Vertex’s Geof Gajes and Danny Vermeiren will be presenting on “Considerations and Opportunities: Realizing Value from Automating Global Indirect Tax”. This session will explore the challenges tax departments face and the potential opportunities that exist for companies that implement a tax engine to support global indirect tax requirements. From project planning and technology considerations, to integrating with SAP business functions, attendees will gain valuable insight into creating value and ensuring successful implementation. Attend to:
- Understand what to consider and how to solve challenges associated with managing Global Indirect Tax needs
- Learn how an external tax engine can be implemented seamlessly with SAP in a non-disruptive manner
- Get insight into the benefits an external tax engine can provide to the corporate finance and tax departments
Vertex Indirect Tax for Procurement with SAP Ariba
Vertex’s Geof Gajes and Danny Vermeiren will be presenting an Impact 20 session titled, “Vertex Indirect Tax for Procurement with SAP Ariba”, on Wednesday, October 17th from 10:45am-11:05am in the Impact Theater in Congress Hall Foyer 2. When making purchases from any vendor for use within your business, it is critical to ensure that consumer use tax has been calculated correctly. Paying the incorrect amount of consumer use tax makes the purchasing department’s job much more complex and risky. This session will demonstrate how utilising the Vertex solution provides visibility into the procurement process within SAP Ariba during the requisition and invoice reconciliation processes. By attending, you will:
- Learn how to view tax implications on each and every invoice processed through SAP Ariba Cloud, therefore reducing your organisation’s tax compliance risk
- Gain insight into the challenges and risks associated with the procurement processes within organisations
- Discuss the requisition and invoice reconciliation process and the importance of accurate tax calculation
Automate with SAP and Vertex solutions and stay ahead of the new tax legislation changes.
Stop by the Vertex Booth #225 on Wednesday, October 17th from 3:15pm-3:45pm to participate in our networking session led by Mark Sieczkowski and Danny Vermeiren titled, “Automate with SAP and Vertex solutions and stay ahead of the new tax legislation changes.” With the recent Supreme Court’s S. Dakota v. Wayfair ruling, U.S. states can now require remote sellers to collect sales and use tax on out-of-state transactions if they reach certain economic nexus thresholds. Join us to learn how this decision is placing new demands on companies to manage, calculate, and report tax and how the need for tighter integration between tax and financial management technology and swift implementations of automated tax technology is more important than ever.
Simplifying Tax with Vertex Cloud and SAP Systems
Lastly, Vertex’s Mark Sieczkowski will be presenting an Impact 20 session titled, “Simplifying Tax with Vertex Cloud and SAP Systems,” on Thursday, October 18th from 10:15am-10:35am in the Impact Theater in Congress Hall Foyer 2. Global enterprises continue to expand their cloud strategy, focusing efforts on specific back office business functions which can benefit from the elasticity, scalability, and faster ROI from cloud technologies. This session offers insight into how Vertex cloud integrates with the SAP ecosystem, a recommended approach for an end-to-end tax lifecycle solution, to address global tax compliance issues such as situs determination, product taxability, and managing tax rules and rates, and returns generation. Attend to:
- Learn how utilising a comprehensive cloud-based tax solution can ease implementation within your SAP eco-system
- Explore the speed, economics, innovation, simplicity, and power of utilising the Vertex Cloud solution
- Step through a live demonstration of the Vertex Cloud solution