Vertex is a proud Sponsor of the TEI Tax & Tax Technology Seminar which is taking place on Tuesday, February 26th and Wednesday, February 27th, 2019 at the San Mateo Marriott Hotel in San Mateo, California.
The dynamic landscape of evolving markets, complex operations and rapid business changes is challenging tax departments of all sizes to “up their game” from stewards of tax compliance and planning towards strategic partners, with improved operational efficiencies across their organizations.
But what does that mean for you, the in-house tax professional? In short, digitalization and globalization require tax departments to recognize and fully embrace the role tax technology plays and to develop new skill sets to deliver sustainable value to the companies they serve.
To address these challenges, TEI has designed a two-day tax and tax technology seminar by and for in-house tax professionals. Their practical approach addresses two broad sets of questions – “why introduce technology into a process?” and “how can it work for me?” Seminar sessions range from a vision of the future digital landscape and implications for tax departments to building blocks that improve awareness for both the technology novice and expert. The unique approach we have chosen pairs subject matter experts with in-house tax professionals, exposing you to best practices as well as lessons learned from your peers as they have grappled with and solved technology-related challenges in the trenches.
Please see below for sessions that our Vertex team will be speaking at!
- KEYNOTE: Coming of Age Digitally - The Art of the Possible for Tax
- Tuesday, February 26 from 8:15am - 9:00am
- Speakers: Michael Bernard, Moderator (Vertex, Inc.) & Kellan Carter (Ignition Partners)
- VAT Solutions and Roadmap
- Tuesday, February 26 from 4:30pm - 5:30pm
- Speakers: Aleksandra Bal (Vertex Inc.) & Ann Jackson, Moderator (Deloitte Tax LLP)
- A Practical Application of Blockchain in Tax Processes
- Wednesday, February 27 from 8:00am - 9:00am
- Speakers: David Deputy (Vertex, Inc.) & Belinda Buvens (Proctor & Gamble)
- Global Indirect Tax Automation
- Wednesday, February 27 from 1:45pm - 2:45pm
- Speakers: Chris Stephenson, Moderator (Grant Thornton LLP), Sai Avula & Alex Baulf (Grant Thornton LLP), Clara Espinosa & Heather Reiter (Microsoft Corporation), & Aleksandra Bal (Vertex, Inc.)
Learn more about the TEI 2019 Tax & Tax Technology Seminar.