Vertex, Inc., a leading provider of tax technology and services, announced its Innovation Award winners at Vertex Exchange in Hollywood, FL. Vertex Exchange is an annual conference where over 600 customers, technology experts and tax professionals gather to discuss strategies and solutions that can help optimize tax processes and deliver business value. This year’s Innovation Award winners were honored for their unique approach to solving complex business and tax challenges.
- Air Liquide USA for supporting the company’s global expansion and gaining control of the entire tax lifecycle, as well as increasing their overall compliance rate for exemption certificates from 25 to 90 percent.
- Redbox Automated Retail, LLC for enabling rapid growth in entertainment services with an enterprise-scale tax cloud platform that supports taxability for its 41,000 store rental kiosks.
- Summit Electric Supply for automating tax processes that reduced its reliance on IT resources by 50 percent and lowered overall costs of Exemption Certificate renewals by 80 percent.
- Walmart Inc. for delivering a seamless omnichannel experience to its customers and enabling marketplace sellers to calculate tax on their sales through walmart.com.
- Xcel Energy Inc. for developing new insights on consumer use tax data and reducing tax over-accruals by $2 million per year in a complex, highly regulated industry.
“As business change accelerates and tax complexity grows, our customers use Vertex solutions in creative ways to gain greater control of the entire tax lifecycle and deliver tangible results,” said David DeStefano, Vertex president and CEO. “We are proud to see tax teams add strategic value to organizations through our technology and services.”
From legislative changes, to digital tax initiatives, businesses across the globe are faced with increasingly complex tax compliance hurdles. Vertex tax software streamlines calculation and reduces risk, enabling tax departments to manage new requirements and work in alignment with broader business strategies.
Visit the 2018 Innovation Award website to see how each recognized company has leveraged Vertex software to overcome unique compliance challenges and align tax with broader business goals.
Vertex, Inc. is a leading provider of tax technology and services, enabling companies of all sizes to realize the full strategic potential of the tax function by automating and integrating tax processes, while leveraging advanced and predictive analytics of tax data. Vertex provides cloud-based and on-premise solutions that can be tailored to specific industries for every major line of tax, including income, sales and consumer use, value added and payroll. Headquartered in Pennsylvania, and with offices worldwide, Vertex is a privately held company that employs over 900 professionals and serves companies across the globe.
For more information follow Vertex on Twitter @vertexinc.
Tricia Schafer-Petrecz, Vertex Inc.