- Powerful communications tax solutions to help companies streamline and simplify tax management and compliance for communications services
- Comprehensive, up-to-date communications tax data and decision logic and unique utility for jurisdiction identification
- Established integrations with billing and ERP software vendors
- Scalability and flexibility to accommodate evolving requirements
Communications services may be at the core of your business, or these services may be merely part of a broader portfolio of offerings. In either case, you face continuous change—from new services and technologies to shifts in regional coverage following mergers or expansions. Rules and rates for communications taxes, surcharges, and fees are also in constant flux. And all of these variables can affect the detailed bills that you must prepare and submit to customers every month. Vertex arms communications service providers with a robust communications tax calculation engine, powerful location utility, and seamless integration with major billing and ERP systems—making it simpler and easier to navigate the complexities and avoid compliance risks around communications taxes, surcharges and fees.
- Calculation engine that applies the rules and rates for communications taxes, surcharges and fees to every transaction
- Established integrations with billing software vendors, including Amdocs, Comverse, CSGI, Oracle, Ericsson, Mind, NetCracker, and RevChain
- Continually updated communications tax rates and rules for 60,000+ locations in the U.S. and Canada, including all current U.S. taxing entities, 10,000+ jurisdictions, and tax bases and rates for jurisdictions with special communications taxing requirements, including 40,000+ max/tier rules
- Powerful location identification for every city, county, state/province, and district jurisdiction
- Comprehensive coverage of communications services—including Wireline, Wireless, Cable, Satellite, VoIP, and Line-Based Taxation
- Protect your bottom line. Audit penalties and class-action lawsuits can take a huge bite out of your profits. When powered by up-to-date tax content and accurate calculation, automation reduces the risk of errors that could lead to such damages.
- Reduce the cost of compliance. Vertex communications tax software solutions fuel the productivity of your tax department. Your tax team can focus on what really matters rather than spending time on unproductive and repetitive rate and regulatory research, incorrect or out-of-date rates or calculation methods that cause underpayment or overpayment, and time-consuming, error-prone manual recordkeeping.
- Improve customer service. Vertex enables you to cost-effectively meet customers' expectation for accurate taxes, surcharges and fees. That leads to more satisfied customers—along with stronger tax compliance.
- Support operational efficiency. Integration with major billing and ERP systems streamlines IT management and costs