- Centralize and standardize transaction and sales tax management across sales channels
- Address continually changing retail sales tax rates and rules across jurisdictions
- Seamlessly integrate with retail point-of-sale, back-office, storefront, procurement, and asset transfer systems
Retailers face extreme challenges in their efforts to comply with increasingly complex state and local tax regulations. As a result, retailers require a tax automation solution that will deliver centralized tax uniformity and compliance protection from audit risk. Vertex Retail solutions have been specifically designed to enable retailers to centralize the management of tax transactions, whether in-store, online or worldwide and never again need to question if their taxation across all channels is uniform and accurate.
Vertex offers a variety of deployment options—including an on-demand hosted model that accelerates implementation and reduces hardware, database, and other support requirements.
- Integrated retail sales tax support for every sales channel—in store, online, around the globe
- Service-oriented architecture that integrates with the point-of-sale and other systems that power retailer operations
- Continually updated tax rates, rules, and exceptions for thousands of jurisdictions
- Flexible automation options for aligning with your operations
- Association of Retail Tax Standards (ARTS) compliant
- Reduce compliance costs. By centralizing and streamlining sales tax management, you can substantially reduce the cost—and improve the performance—of tax compliance. Vertex solutions deliver centralized tax results, activity and security logs, and SAS 70-certified data, which are particularly helpful in addressing Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Improve audit position. With full visibility and confidence in your tax position, you can dramatically decrease assessments and penalties. You can also eliminate the need for high cash reserves in case of penalties or class-action lawsuits.
- Automate complexity. Vertex retail tax software solutions enable you to take control of the complexities inherent in tax holidays, tiered taxes, thresholds, and bracket taxes—and address your industry-specific challenges around cross-jurisdiction store returns, store-within-a-store merchandising, and in-store returns of online purchases.
- Maximize uptime. When a retailer sells around the clock, your tax department must also deliver 24/7 support. Vertex retail solutions support a more efficient tax department, with built-in safeguards.