- Centralize and automate sales and use tax return preparation
- Reduce processing time from days or weeks to just hours
- Enhance accuracy, efficiency, and audit defense
A manual approach to sales and consumer use tax return processing is time consuming and error prone. With hundreds of forms, thousands of tax rates, and tens of thousands of jurisdictions, this business process is ideal for automation. Using Vertex returns automation software, your tax department can slash processing time from days or weeks to just hours—all while driving higher accuracy, consistency, and audit performance. Vertex also partners with tax departments to design and deliver a tailored outsourced solution that addresses each organization's unique processes and goals for sales and use tax returns.
Vertex offers a variety of deployment options—including an on-demand hosted model that accelerates implementation and reduces hardware, database, and other support requirements.
- E-filing support and easy integration with multiple tax software systems
- Robust, accurate tax data (including more than 8,900 tax rates for sales tax, consumer use tax, and rental/lease tax), as well as discount, interest, and penalty data
- Integrated drag-and-drop report writer and electronic document manager
- Tax calendar for central management, automation, and planning of returns processing
- Full form replication using proper fonts (including OCR), field formats, watermarks, shading, and bar codes
- Enhance productivity. With complete automation of the returns compliance process, Vertex enables your tax department to achieve substantial improvements in speed, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Improve audit performance. Higher accuracy translates into stronger audit readiness. Your tax team will spend less time preparing for audits—and your organization will be far less likely to incur penalties for non-compliance.
- Support data-driven decisions. With professional reporting capabilities, an electronic archive utility, and a tax calendar, Vertex returns automation software empowers tax managers to make more timely and informed decisions.
- Address your organization's needs. Available through on-site deployment or a Managed Services agreement, Vertex returns automation can be tailored to accommodate your organization's tax filing policies or other specific requirements.