In the communications industry, nothing is more certain than change. Changes in technologies, communication services, regional coverage through expansion or mergers, tax structures, and tax rules and regulations, all contribute to a highly complex arena of tax compliance challenges.
Which is why the leading communications service providers have relied on Vertex Communications Solutions to ensure the taxes that appear on the bills they send to their customers, and the taxes they remit to jurisdictions, are consistently accurate.
For Tax departments of wire line, wireless and cable service providers, Vertex offers highly scalable Communications solutions that integrate with major billing applications and provide reliable data and tax decision logic to manage taxability for all their business service offerings.
By combining the most accurate and timely state and local tax research in the industry with reliable technology, Vertex users achieve compliance quickly and economically. And, as a direct result of our long-standing partnerships with most of the leading billing and customer care software application providers -- Amdocs, Convergys, Comverse, CSG Systems, Intec, and Oracle --- we can provide truly integrated functionality to our mutual customers. This integration can streamline your system set-up and ongoing compliance activities.
For the most accurate jurisdiction identification, Vertex offers GeoCoder Advantage, a pre-processing software utility that leverages the most current geospatial data, USPS ZIP+4 data, GIS software and dedicated Vertex resources.
Competitor products simply cannot perform anywhere near the same level as Vertex Communications Solutions. They lack the comprehensive, up-to-date tax data, the GeoCoder advantage, and the established integrations with billing software vendors.
Which makes Vertex Communications Solutions the industry standard and the most effective jurisdiction identification system available.
- Protecting your bottom line
Vertex Communications Tax Solutions insulate you from tax audit exposure and liability which cost businesses big money, not only with their unplanned impact on profit margins, but with their unproductive drag on corporate goals and strategy.
- Reducing your compliance costs
Multi-state tax compliance is a direct cost of doing business for which your business receives no direct benefit. Vertex compliance solutions are designed to attack both the obvious and the not-so-obvious costs of compliance, including:
- unproductive, repetitive rate and regulatory research
- incorrect or out-of-date rates or calculation methods, resulting in under-or over-payment
- expensive in-house software maintenance
- time-consuming, error-prone manual record-keeping
- Improving your customer service
Your customers expect to be taxed correctly. Vertex systems help you meet those expectations cost-effectively, freeing you to focus on your core business and key profit opportunities.
- Lay a foundation for the future
Vertex Communications Tax's flexible open-systems architecture offers compatibility with leading client/server systems, plus maximum flexibility in making future technology upgrade decisions. This could be the last system you'll need to purchase.
- The Vertex Calculation Engine – Vertex applies tax rates and rules to every transaction to keep you in compliance.
- Regularly updated Communications Tax Data File - contains standard tax rates and rules for over 60,000 locations in the U. S. and Canada, all current U.S. taxing entities, more than 7,000 jurisdictions along with tax bases and rates for jurisdictions with special taxing requirements,
- Accurate Local Tax jurisdiction Identification – The use of GeoCodes enable Vertex tax solutions to uniquely identify every locality carried in the data module, including State, County, City and District jurisdictions.
- Graphical User Interface – A stand-alone program that enables tax professionals to work with the data in a test environment as well as publish customizations in a production environment and run reports based on calculation results after a bill run.
- Multiple Platform Solutions - From legacy/mainframe to client/server environments,
- Comprehensive Coverage of Telecom and Cable Services – Including monthly per line charges, local and long distance voice communications, ATM, DSL, VoIP, data transmission services and much more.