Income tax provision and compliance require collecting, recording and calculating a significant amount of tax data in an environment in which the stakes couldn’t be higher for data accuracy.
Vertex Data and Workflow Management tools are a cohesive set of tools that work with the Vertex Provision and Vertex Income Tax compliance applications to help tax professionals better manage the tax data, documents, and workload required for global tax performance and risk management.
Vertex Data and Workflow Management tools:
- Automate the collection and sharing of tax data with increased accuracy and efficiency.
- Improve the visibility and control of the provision and compliance workflow.
- Maintain historical documentation to improve the audit process.
Vertex® Data Collect
Reduce manual errors and improve tax data accuracy by standardizing and automating the transfer of data throughout the tax process.
- Use Microsoft® Excel® to draw tax data directly from multiple systems. Include this data as a standard part of the tax process in Vertex provision and compliance applications.
- Use existing Excel spreadsheets to share provision and compliance data.
- Systematically populates the tax department’s Excel spreadsheets and create entity specific versions for distribution to relevant departments. As this data is collected, it is transferred to the Vertex provision and compliance applications.
- Eliminate the need to track and manage emails and spreadsheet versions. Vertex Data Collect enables the distribution and collection of tax packages via the Web, enabling direct input from users when and where convenient.
Vertex® Workflow Manager
Gain greater visibility and control of the provision and compliance processes with Workflow Manager. Use this tool to integrate the review process, provide status updates in real time, and, when used with Document Manager, automate document tracking and check out processes.
- Distribute custom spreadsheets to multiple users for multiple entities.
- Assign individual tasks or full task lists to team members.
- Track key interim deadlines and automatically send alerts to keep workflow on track.
- Check the status of tasks in a workflow and provide status updates to team members.
- Instantly upload document revisions and send them through a user-defined review process.
- Validate and approve data before it's incorporated into the Vertex compliance and provision applications.
- Monitor changes in workflow events to support audits.
Vertex® Document Manager
Automatically update document status and append version history to reflect modifications with Document Manager. When used together with Vertex Workflow Manager, Document Manager adds an additional control point for tax administrators.
- Gives multiple users shared access to documents while maintaining version control, indexing, and tracking.
- Offers quick, convenient search capabilities for data utilizing user-defined key words, full-text phrases, or process associations.
- Manages updates by requiring documents to be checked in and out.