- Corporate sponsorship of American Heart Association, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southeastern Pennsylvania, Breastcancer.org and The Patriot Foundation
- Flexible opportunities for employees to volunteer their time
- Opportunities for employees to support charities of their choice through Vertex matching donations
- Longstanding partnership with the American Red Cross to help people affected by natural disasters
Vertex’s Corporate Philanthropy program serves as a formal vehicle for harnessing our collective charitable contributions. The program enables us to make a more meaningful impact in key areas that are important to both employees and shareholders alike —and offers increased volunteer opportunities to our employees.
Vertex supports four charitable organizations as a corporate sponsor: American Heart Association, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southeastern Pennsylvania, Breastcancer.org and The Patriot Foundation. Selected based on comprehensive research and employee feedback, these sponsorships reflect our focus on health and wellness, as well as education and mentorship.
In addition, the Corporate Philanthropy program includes a matching donation program, which gives Vertex employees more opportunities to support a number of qualifying organizations. What’s more, Vertex continues to partner with the American Red Cross on disaster relief efforts, including matching employee donations following natural disasters.
Above all, the Corporate Philanthropy program reflects our company’s values, which are built on a commitment to and respect for people—both within and beyond the walls of Vertex.
- American Heart Association sponsorship is a natural extension of Vertex’s Wellness Program, which focuses on helping employees and their families lead healthy lives.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters sponsorship supports our commitment to mentorship—helping children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported relationships.
- Breastcancer.org sponsorship builds on the pioneering work of Antoinette Westphal, the wife of our founder, Ray Westphal. She joined the organization’s Board of Directors following her own personal battle with the disease.
- Sponsorship of The Patriot Foundation—which provides scholarships and aid for children of soldiers from Fort Bragg who were killed or injured while serving our country serving our coun—reflects Vertex’s commitment to education.
- Formal Corporate Philanthropy program to deliver greater focus and positive impact
- Strong alignment with Vertex’s company vision, values and mission
- Diverse opportunities for employees to give money and time—from volunteering at one-time events to developing long-term mentoring relationships